FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
WHAT IS AN ESCAPE ROOM?
Your group will enter an immersive, themed, environment where you will have to work together to meet the objective of the game before the time runs out. You will each have to bring your unique skills to the table in order to progress through the puzzles and challenges that you will face. You have 60 minutes to escape from the room. All the clues you need to solve the puzzles are in the room; you just need to find them and put them together. Our puzzles are designed to be solved using logic, critical (and often lateral) thinking, observation, insight, and communication. In short, brain power!
WILL IT BE SCARY?
Our rooms are not horror themed, although there may be some spooky elements depending on the story-line, and there may be some darkness at times.
WILL I BE SAFE?
Yes, you are completely safe. All rooms are monitored by staff at all times. There is an emergency release on the door of your room so that you may exit at any time should you need to.
IS THERE AN AGE RESTRICTION?
Our games are designed for adults. Our minimum player age is 11. Groups of youth must have at LEAST one adult in the room. Children age 6-10 are not recommended but may tag along with their families, as long as they are being closely supervised by at least 2 paying adults. Children age 2-5 are strictly not allowed. Babies are welcome provided they are strapped into a baby carrier or something similar. Please contact us BEFORE booking if you have any questions about ages or policies.
WHAT IF WE ARE NOT SURE HOW MANY PLAYERS WE WILL HAVE?
No problem, just book for the number that you are certain of, and then any extra players can be paid for on the day.
CAN I CANCEL OR CHANGE MY BOOKING?
Please contact us as soon as possible. Refunds will NOT be made for any bookings cancelled or changed within 24 hours of scheduled start time.
HOW LONG DOES THE GAME TAKE?
You have 60 minutes to complete the game. Please arrive 10 minutes before your game time so we can explain the rules before it starts.
WHAT IF WE ARRIVE LATE?
We do our best to accommodate players who are running late for their reservation, but if the room is booked directly after your group then we may have to shorten your game time.
DO YOU HAVE PARKING?
Yes, we have a free car-park.
IS THIS WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE?
We have a portable ramp to make the building wheelchair accessible, please let us know if you will need it. Our "Banshee's Curse" game is wheelchair accessible.
Consuming alcohol before you enter the Escape Rooms is totally counter-productive. You need your wits about you to have any chance of success! But seriously, we are a strictly non-alcohol, non-substance venue. Anyone displaying signs of drunkenness will be asked to leave and their booking will not be refunded. Please save the party for after the game!
(1) Physical power is not required; if you feel brute force might be the solution to a puzzle, you are on the wrong track. You don't need to take anything apart unless you have received specific instructions to do so.
(2) Don’t stand or climb on furniture. There are no clues in or on the ceiling.
(3) The Room is equipped with cameras to monitor safety and track the progress of the participants. You can ask for 3 hints over the course of your game. If you are stuck for a long time, Escape Rooms Ennis reserves the right to give you a hint to help promote the moving of the game. To have your team listed on our Leaderboard, you must win the game within the 3 hint limit.
(4) Please do not take pictures or make video/audio recordings while in the room.
(5) Keep any clues, combinations, and solutions to our puzzles to yourself so that others may enjoy the room after you.
(6) Escape Rooms Ennis will take a couple pictures of you and your team after the game to post on our website and/or Facebook page.
(7) Be aware that we may utilize flashing lights or a smoke machine. Please advise ahead of time if this will cause a health issue as we can make adjustments to the room.
(8) Escape Rooms Ennis reserves the right to refuse entry to, or remove from the room, any person whose demeanour or actions are deemed to pose a threat to the safety of themselves, other participants, or the room itself. In this case there will be no refund or other compensation.